Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cracking Up

I have a cracked rib.  Cracked it a week or so before the challenge began.  I was a bit bummed about it -- thinking it would get in the way of me being able to do much besides diet, but I was wrong. I met with my trainer and found that I can work out on the seated elliptical, the treadmill and one other machine (can't remember what it's called).  So, I worked up a sweat after all. It'll be another three weeks or so before I can do any weight lifting or much stretching. In the meantime, everything is cardio at the gym, and I do a lot of walking at home. 

The Provo River Trail has become my new stomping grounds in the mornings. During my lunch, I walk around the streets just south of the Physician's Plaza.  I'm sure in another week or two, the residents are going to think I'm casing the neighborhood.

1 comment: