Sunday, July 31, 2011

Stop that Racket!!!

Well, it happened. We went to the tennis courts at Provo High on Saturday.  I actually played a full set of tennis for the first time in more years than I have fingers and toes to count them on. James, JD, his wife and I. We played doubles. Girls against the boys.  We lost. There I said it. We lost.  Oh well.

I have to confess... after getting over feeling self-conscious about how I couldn't move very well around the court, I loved it.  I had forgotten how much I love the game of tennis.  I love the pinging sound of the racket hitting the ball (that is of course when you hit it with the strings and not with the aluminum side of the racket itself... sigh!)  I'm rusty. So very rusty.  But I could remember enough to get the ball over the net most of the time. I want to do it again. I want to play every Saturday. Any takers? JD?  James?  Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment